Last Updated on 2 years by AlexJames
Dubai, known as the “City of Gold” and the luxurious and happening center of the UAE, is often misunderstood as being strict toward tourists because most of the people there live there are Muslim. Still, Dubai is very open-minded. A quick tip; when in Dubai for honeymoon, dress modestly and avoid revealing dresses for women. We understand you have those beautiful dresses in your wardrobe that you wish to flaunt. Yet, there are things to avoid in Dubai for honeymoon couples. So one such thing is dressing modestly when in public spaces. Here we share some other essential tips when in Dubai to make the best of your honeymoon. Make sure to book your customized Dubai honeymoon packages from Roaming Routes to make your honeymoon experience memorable.
1. Avoid Greeting People with Your Left Hand.
When using your hands in Dubai, you must be very careful. In Dubai, people consider it rude to eat with your left hand, shake hands with other people, open doors, or offer anything, particularly food, to another person. Before toilet paper, toilets, and flushing water, people in places like Dubai, India, and other sites cleaned up with their left hand. So, even today, it is considered dirty, even if your left hand is clean. However, you can use your left hand to drink. It’s best to be as ambidextrous as possible in public if you’re left-handed so that you don’t insult anybody or receive filthy glances.
2. Must Avoid PDA
PDA is one of the activities that is prohibited in Dubai because of the city’s strict rules and regulations. People consider it socially unacceptable to hold hands, hug, or kiss in public. Further, if anyone catches you doing these things, you could end up in jail. Many people from other countries have already gone through the effects.
It is among the most crucial behaviors and among the things to avoid in Dubai for honeymoon couples. Further, it would be best if you don’t play loud music or dance in public, and the residents of the area have a negative opinion of it. When you visit Dubai’s tourist spots during Dubai for honeymoon, you must be careful about this.
3. Dress Appropriately
In Dubai, women are encouraged to wear modestly in public locations, including malls, marketplaces, beaches, theaters, mosques, and other public places. Even though Dubai is the world’s fashion capital, it is against the law to wear clothing that is too short, too tight, or too low cut because they expose too much of your body.
Aside from this, you may make the most of the hot and dry atmosphere in Dubai by dressing modestly and in clothing that is loose-fitting. Therefore, as you are about to go, ensure that you have a sufficient quantity of loose, modest clothing covering your chest, arms, and legs. Further, you will avoid attracting unwanted attention and getting a citation for wearing unsuitable attire in public. Moreover, you will be comfortable when touring Dubai for honeymoon.
4. Respect The Royal Family In Public
When you go to a new country for the first time, you will inevitably have ideas about that nation’s culture, the royal family, the laws, the politics, the people, and so on. If this is your first trip to Dubai, you may already have some thoughts on these topics. Yes, that is normal, but you are not permitted to discuss these matters publicly.
In Dubai, it is very offensive to make fun of, criticize, or ridicule the Royal family, the political system, the culture, the laws, or the religion in public. Moreover, people consider it extremely seriously regardless of whether or not you were, and a defaulter may be subject to harsh punishments. So when in Dubai for honeymoon, avoid these things and enjoy your time.
5. Avoid Eating in Public During Ramadan
If you are in Dubai for honeymoon during Ramadan, it is one of the things to avoid in Dubai for honeymoon couples. During the holy month of Ramadan, the Muslims keep fasting. So avoid eating or drinking in public places from dawn until dark. You cannot even consume food in your vehicle or chew gum in public. You may, however, dine in the privacy of your hotel or at eateries where the dining area has been split off so guests can dine.
6. Drinking in Public Is Prohibited
If you’re looking for a location where you may socialize and enjoy drinking alcohol in public, you won’t find it in Dubai. You won’t even be able to carry a can of beer in public and drink from it while you’re traveling till you reach your next destination. Remaining intoxicated and drinking in public is against the. Furthermore, violating these laws may result in fines or even incarceration for the offender. If you want your time in Dubai for honeymoon to be a relaxing holiday, you should steer clear of this.
Dubai Travel Tips For Honeymoon Couples
When packing for your honeymoon in Dubai, though, you should bring clothes that are comfortable for your skin, given the weather and season in Dubai. Instead of organizing your bag with things you don’t need, no matter where you’re going, it’s better to plan and organize. Here’s everything you could need to know about what to carry when in Dubai for honeymoon, so you don’t have to pay extra for your extra luggage. Additionally, here are a few points about the things to do in Dubai for honeymoon couples.
- To prevent UV radiation, including sunglasses, a summer hat, and sunblock in your beach luggage. Women may also opt to wear a fashionable scarf with their beach attire since they are now highly popular.
- Don’t forget to bring a light jacket or pashmina to practically all of the shopping centers and restaurants, where the air conditioning might be a little chilly. If the weather is too humid, you should avoid wearing denim since it might get moist and unpleasant due to perspiration. Moreover, denim requires a considerable amount of time to dry after being cleaned.
- Women must cover themselves in a sarong the following day at the beach, and both men and women must avoid returning to the hotel wearing beachwear.
- Ensure to cover your head before attending a mosque. If you forget to bring a scarf, be courteous, and the mosque will give you appropriate attire.
- Take summer sandals, slip-on, and lace-up shoes for exploring the neighborhood. As previously said, you must bring different footwear for beaches and desert safari.
- Please ensure to dress modestly during the holy month of Ramadan.
- You don’t have permission for topless bathing on any of Dubai’s beaches. You may face legal consequences for it.
So these are all things to avoid when in Dubai for honeymoon. For a pleasant honeymoon experience, always note these things and enjoy your honeymoon.