The global oral care market size is projected to reach USD 38.89 billion by the end of 2027. Increasing awareness regarding the importance of dental hygiene will lead to wider product adoption. According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights, titled “Oral Care Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Product Type (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Mouthwash, and Others), Application (Household and Commercial), Distribution Channel (Hypermarket/Supermarket, Online, and Others), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027,” the market was worth USD 30.91 billion in 2019 and will exhibit a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period, 2020-2027.
The changing consumer habits towards oral care have created a huge demand for oral care products across the world. The presence of several large-scale companies in the dental sector will emerge in favor of market growth. The rising incidence of mouth cancer resulting from improper dental care has contributed to the growing awareness regarding its importance.
List of companies profiled in the report:
- Colgate Palmolive Co. (New York, U.S.)
- Unilever (London, U.K.)
- Procter & Gamble Co. (Ohio, U.S.)
- Henkel AG & Co. KG aA (Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Johnson & Johnson (New Jersey, U.S.)
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc. (Brentford, U.K.)
- Lion Corporation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (Ewing Township, U.S.)
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc. (Slough, U.K.)
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited (Haridwar, India)
Decreasing Labor Availability to Affect Manufacturing Units in Oral Care Sector
The recent coronavirus outbreak has created a sense of panic across the world. Having said that, the e-commerce services have provided a platform for growth for a few sectors in the oral care industry.
Increasing Number of Company Mergers and Acquisitions will have a Huge Impact on Market Growth
This acquisition is consequential to the company’s plans of strengthening its global footprint.
- Others (Teeth Brighteners, Floss, etc.)
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarket & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Online Channels
- Others (Pharmacies, Departmental Stores, etc.)
Asia Pacific to Emerge Dominant; Increasing Geriatric Population will Emerge in Favor of Market Growth
Key Industry Developments:
January 2020: Colgate Palmolive Co. announced that it has completed the acquisition of Hello Products LLC.