To be ranked number one isn’t easy. If you’re new to the game, this will be even more difficult.
Are you totally new to the field of search engine optimization (SEO)? Are you an experienced veteran who has launched the first campaign of your own? If yes, you’re likely to be thrilled about the possibility of being the first to appear on the search results of Google for a specific phrase or keyword. It’s a significant milestone to establish the foundation for the remainder of your strategic growth. Additionally, it could bring an enormous amount of natural traffic to your site.
It’s true that getting first isn’t an easy task. If you’re not experienced, this will be even more difficult. In this article, I’ll assist you in understanding the importance of earning the top spot and the most effective way to reach it.
Why is it that the number one spot is so important?
Being ranked first for a specific keyword is an ideal first target to establish within your SEO strategy. The mere fact that your business is appearing on search engine result pages (SERPs) could be thrilling, but it’s unlikely to bring you any visitors.
You may have noticed by personal experiences that the majority of people don’t search beyond page one for any search. Actually, the majority of users don’t even look past the initial results. The results that are at the top are the ones that generate the most traffic, with a significant margin. Although the exact number of visitors varies according to industry and search terms, You can anticipate nearly 40% of traffic to come from one of the results. The second result is only 18.4 per cent. Clickthrough rates drop even further from there.
This is why it’s usually best to have a singular top spot rather than low-quality positions for a large range of terms.
How do we go about getting there?
The best keyword or phrase
The first step is to select the most appropriate search term and phrase. The search queries are a major influence on the amount of effort required to get a rank and how valuable it is. If you’re looking for possible candidates, you’ll need to think about the following:
- Relevance The most crucial aspect is relevance. This is the factor that you should first consider. It is important to select the phrase or keyword which is relevant to your business as well as your clients. In the event that you don’t, you could create traffic with a low likelihood of being converted.
- Search volume: Then is to think about the number of searches. This will reveal how many people are searching for this term every month. The higher the volume of searches is, the more traffic you’ll likely generate. However, the more challenging it will be to get the top position.
- Keywords with high traffic are more competitive. This can make it nearly impossible for new businesses to make it into the top ranks. This is why, when conducting your investigation, you’ll also be looking at the competition. If you’re simply trying to get one of them for any query as swiftly as possible, pick keywords that have virtually no competition.
Your website is the basis.
Once you’ve identified your goal then, you can begin practicing search optimization for your site within the site itself.
- Clean backend code: For starters, it’s important to ensure that the code of your website is clear and in line with the latest standards. If you’re using a conventional web-based website builder, then you needn’t worry about this, as it’s all handled for you.
- Indexing and discoverability: After, you’ll need to perform some tests to verify that Google is able to find and index your site. You can submit a sitemap for Google straight away and then run tests to ensure that you’re appearing on search engines.
- Performance and speed of the site Then, you’ll need to optimize your site for speed and efficiency. Be sure it’s mobile-friendly and loads as fast as possible. The more user-friendly your experience your site has, the more credibility it’ll be able to gain.
- On-site content: Begin making your content more efficient by providing a detailed, relevant description and the use of the most relevant keywords.
- Continuous content development In line with this idea, you’ll need to work on creating fresh content on a regular basis. Particularly content that has headlines that contain your desired key phrase.
Boosting your authority
Even with a fantastic website and lots of content that is optimized, it is still necessary to put in efforts to increase your credibility by using external hyperlinks.
Publicize your best content: Promote your best work on social media.
Make sure you are looking for opportunities to build links: Create and exchange links naturally.
Create offsite content: Make use of guest posts to build hyperlinks to the primary website.
Monitoring and maintenance
These strategies ought to be enough to give you some initial momentum. Depending on the industry you’re in and the keyword terms of choice, you might be able to achieve the top spot within a few weeks. However, you’ll have to track and analyze your performance closely. Watch for changes in rankings. when they happen and slowly alter your plan until you achieve the results you desire.