Last Updated on 1 year by AlexJames
Students get puzzled whenever they know that they have to work on a research paper. Research papers are essays by which the students explain what they have learnt in depth. Research papers are more extended than assignments or essays, and students have to work on them for several days. If the students work on a research paper, it will improve several research skills, writing and editing skills.
But the problem is that they always avoid working on a research paper, stating that working on it is challenging. The process is lengthy, but if they always take help from online research paper writing services, they will not be able to learn anything.
No matter how lengthy or challenging the process is. Students always need to work on their research paper writers and submit it within time. However, sometimes they cannot work because they do not get the right guidance from their parents or teachers. Let’s discuss several steps which the students need to follow while working on a research paper.
- Get familiar with it– Until and unless students get familiar with the research paper, they will not be able to work on it. Commonly, they will have doubts. Students need to solve their doubts by discussing them with their teachers or professors. Unfortunately, several students are out there who skip this step, and later on, they think about why they got low grades.
- Pick a topic– The second step is to pick one topic for your research paper. The topic needs to be something on which several arguments took place already. You need to choose a topic whose data and information can be found online. Try to select a topic that is or was trending.
- Research– Start the research. The student first needs to know about a few genuine sources from where they can get information. They can take information from news channels. Students can also use Google Scholar.
The information they include in their work has to be genuine. If it turns out to be fake, they will have to face the consequences.
- Form a thesis– A thesis is a short statement. It will help the readers understand what you will discuss to establish in your paper. For example,
- My paper will explain the relationship between humans and smartphones
- It is about politics and how it affects the society
- I wrote about the thinking style of a serial killer
Your thesis has to be short and needs, and by reading it, the reader will be able to decide on whether they will read the full paper or not.
- Write– Start writing. Do not procrastinate. Always remember that procrastination will do nothing. Instead, it will just delay your work. The more you delay your work, the more chances will be there that you will miss your deadline.
Always start the writing on time. You need to write at least 350-450 words in an hour. Otherwise, you will not be able to finish a research paper on time. Do not rush. The writing must be simple and needs to be understood by all kinds of readers.
Before you start writing, always keep in mind the writing style you need to follow while working on a research paper.
- Edit– You will surely make several mistakes in your paper. And for that reason, you need to edit and proofread the whole work before submitting it. Always try to do manual editing.
Yes, the process is time-consuming, but it will improve your editing skills. You need to check each line for errors and fix them accordingly. If the deadline is too tight, then you can use Grammarly. This tool will make your work look sharp and manage all the errors.
- Feedback– After the whole work is complete and is ready to submit, you need to make a few copies and give them to your teacher or professor for feedback.
If you are working on a research paper for the first time, you will surely make a few errors. Note down all the points and keep them all in mind. Try to avoid the same errors you made in your last work.
These are all the points a student needs to follow whenever they work on a research paper. Working on a research paper is not easy at all. The process is time taking, and thus students need to be very patient.
They should not rush as rushing will affect the quality of the work. If they need assistance, they can always reach out to their teachers, friends or professors and solve them.